A rising wave of infections among Singapore’s massive migrant worker population threatens to derail the city-state’s success in fighting the coronavirus.
About 80% of all cases in Singapore have been linked to the dormitories where low paid migrant workers from South Asia are housed.
Singapore has now sealed off multiple dormitories, as the government carries out extensive testing and tries to move healthy workers out, but questions are being raised about why more wasn’t done to protect them.
People living in the dorms said they were scared about getting ill, and about what the future holds for them.
We agreed to protect the identity of the workers who spoke to the BBC.
Edited by Christine Hah
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- XSMB TRỰC TIẾP XỔ SỐ MIỀN BẮC HÔM NAY THỦ ĐÔ HÀ NỘI XSTD SXMB 25/05/2020,XSMB THỨ 2
- Ơn Giời Cậu Đây Rồi Mùa 7: #1 Lý Nhã Kỳ đưa tiền Trấn Thành đi đường quyền, HuyR nhận mình "tím lịm"
- TROLLS WORLD TOUR | OFFICIAL TRAILER 3
- Cáp quang AAG lại đứt sau chưa đầy 1 tháng | THDT
- Hồ Ngọc Hà lộ bụng bầu, mang thai đôi sau 3 năm yêu Kim Lý